Well it’s not actually of all time, it’s just up until 2019.
#10 QUANTUM OF SOLACE (2008)
Bond (Daniel Craig) teams up with a Bolivian agent (Olga Kurylenko) to stop an evil plot involving water rights by an organization known as Quantum.
- Absolutely one of the best theme songs and title sequences!
- Daniel Craig’s second turn as Bond is even better than the first.
- Fantastic stunts and fight scenes.
- Giancarlo Giannini as Rene Mathis.
- Gemma Arterton as Strawberry Fields.
- Possibly the worst Bond villain ever. Greene (Mathieu Amalric) is a weasel and to see him try to stand up to Bond is pathetic.
- And again we get to see Bond go rogue. Repetition doesn’t make it any better.
# 9 TOMORROW NEVER DIES (1997)
A media mogul tries to boost ratings by starting World War III and Bond (Pierce Brosnan) teaches him the error of his ways.
- Michelle Yeoh as Wai Lin.
- Jonathan Pryce as Elliot Carver.
- Teri Hatcher as Paris.
- Best pre-credits sequence as Bond steals a plane at an arms bazaar.
- Colin Salmon as Charles Robinson – his first appearance. He should have gone on to play Bond.
- Not enough romance between Bond and Wai Lin. No chemistry. His loyalty towards her seems forced.
- Götz Otto as Richard Stamper – what a ham! In fact all the villains tend to ham it up except Jonathan Pryce pulls it off.
#8 THE SPY WHO LOVED ME (1977)
To prevent Stromberg (Curd Jürgens) from triggering World War III and starting his own undersea civilization, Bond (Roger Moore) has to team up with Anya Amasova (Barbara Bach) – Agent Triple X of the Soviet Union.
- Richard Kiel as Jaws.
- The death-defying pre-credits skiing off a cliff. Wow!
- Bond’s underwater Lotus should have been too much but somehow it comes across as just right.
- There are too many instances played for laughs and it makes the film uneven.
- The plot is simply a rehash of YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE with underwater substituted for outer space.
#7 THUNDERBALL (1965)
SPECTRE attempts to hold the world for ransom by stealing two atomic bombs. Bond (Sean Connery) makes them give them back.
- Bond gets into a fistfight with an enemy in drag. That alone is worth the price of admission.
- Rik Van Nutter as Felix Leiter. Absolute best Leiter!
- Bond gets shot!
- Adolfo Celi as Largo. Now that is a bad guy!
- Claudine Auger as Domino. Yowza!
- Great score by John Barry.
- The first of the Bond films that was more like a comic book super-hero story rather than a spy thriller.
- While Bond’s underwater jet pack is fun it does make him seem more like Flash Gordon. And if the good guys have this kind of equipment why didn’t all the underwater commandos get jet packs?
#6 FOR YOUR EYES ONLY (1981)
Bond (Roger Moore) struggles to recover computer technology that can be used to take control of Britain’s submarines.
- Roger Moore as James Bond. His best performance ever.
- Topol as Milos Columbo.
- Remembering the anniversary of the death of Tracey Bond.
- Bond turning down the advances of a too young girl.
- Great ski chase.
- Loved Bond and the girl being dragged over the corals.
- Great mountain climbing scene.
- Absolutely best title sequence with Sheena Easton singing the title song.
- There are still too many instances played for laughs and it makes the film uneven.
Part II tomorrow. Sorry the links are not working yet. Trying to work on those glitches.
3 thoughts on “Geektoberfest Day 2: MY TOP TEN LIST OF THE BEST JAMES BOND MOVIES OF ALL TIME! (Part I)”
How about your top 10 favorite James Bond Movie Theme Songs? Jammy and I have definite opinions on this…lol
LikeLiked by 1 person
The Beard and I have talked about doing a few music themed posts and that was a definite theme. He said that the best songs are not necessarily the best Bond movies. Good idea though. Definitely on the horizon. Maybe not next week, but soon.
Ohhhh, I was already thinking along those lines. But I was thinking of listing the songs and having people vote. It’s a pretty long list though. But I am definitely going to do something with James Bond music.
LikeLiked by 1 person